By Jennifer Jarosz, Manufacturing Day Coordinator for Missouri Enterprise
Each year, Manufacturing Day℠ (MFG DAY) promotes the importance of manufacturing to our local communities and as a critical part of the American economy. MFG DAY gives manufacturers the opportunity to reach out to their communities and show what manufacturing is, and just as importantly, what it isn’t.
With today’s challenging skilled labor shortage, it’s more important than ever to do your part to showcase your manufacturing company; to take charge of the public image of manufacturing; and connect with the future generations to ensure the ongoing prosperity of the entire industry.
Here are 3 Ways to Participate in MFG DAY, 2017.
1. REGISTER. Even if your “event” is as simple as saying, “I support Manufacturing Day”, visit www.mfgday.com to register your company as a supporter. What could be simpler?
2. PROMOTE THE LOGO. Proudly display the MFG DAY logo on your website or promotional materials. Just contact your Missouri Enterprise Area Business Manager, and we’ll get you electronic files of the logo to make it easy.
3. HOST AN OPEN HOUSE. Show off your capabilities and let your community and the world see what a great business you run, and the amazing things you do in manufacturing. (If what you do is proprietary, simply limit visitor access to protected areas.) Hosting an event couldn’t be easier for you, because Missouri Enterprise is here to help. Your Area Business Manager is just a phone call away, and we will use our resources to help you get organized, including assistance with:
- Guest list development Invitation design, printing and mailing
- Event schedule development (speaker and demonstration times, refreshment offerings, etc.)
- Dignitaries and Proclamations. We will use our relationships with various government and community resources to encourage participation in your event by important dignitaries who may act as guest speakers or special guests. Many local and county governments are happy to provide formal, written proclamations supporting your company’s participation in MFG DAY (yours to keep and display, when available).
- RSVP management
- And more! Just ask us how we can help you.
There are many ways Missouri Manufacturers can participate in MFG DAY, and Missouri Enterprise is here to help. Last year, we directly assisted over 150 companies in the Missouri manufacturing community to make it easy for them to participate in MFG DAY. We did everything from helping companies get registered online, to printing and distribute support banners to organizing and promoting entire events! This year, we want to do even more!
MAKE YOUR PARTICIPATION AS SIMPLE AS YOU WANT IT TO BE. Contact your Missouri Enterprise Local Area Business Manager at 800-956-2682, and let us help you showcase your company in support of MFG DAY 2017.
Missouri Enterprise is a part of the National Institute of Standard and Technology (NIST), Missouri Enterprise is pleased to be one of several co-producers and sponsors of MFG DAY, along with Shell, the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM), the Plastics Industry Trade Association (SPI), the SME Education Foundation, the Florida Advanced Technological Educational Center (FLATE) and many others. We are dedicated to helping spotlight the positive success stories the Missouri manufacturing community has to tell.