By Amy Susan, Communications Manager
The State of Missouri is seeking help from Missouri manufacturers to fill the gap in the PPE supply chain as we, together, combat Covid-19. Join the #MAKEadifferencechallenge.
A top priority right now is increasing the personal protective equipment (PPE) medical equipment supply chain. Primarily, the medical community need masks and gowns. As the state's MEP center and trusted adviser, we are reaching out to our manufacturing community to identify those who are either currently producing, OR can begin producing in a short time, the following items:
- N95 medical masks
- basic medical gowns (large and extra-large sizes)
If interested in helping, we can obtain and share some specs on these products. Right now, we are seeking your willingness and readiness to produce these items.
We will help compile all the responses together to share with our State Emergency Management Agency, who will follow up on contracting for the production and purchase. The following questions are designed to help us get a quick read, but please don’t hesitate to let us know other information that would be helpful:
- Which item can your company produce? Mask? Gown? Both?
- When can you start production?
- Potential daily output?
- Do you already have the supply chain established for these products? If not, what would you need to acquire?
- Are there other production factors that need to be resolved before you could make these products?
- Are there other items that need to be addressed?
- Are you willing to help, but need much more information before you can respond?
Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have more questions. We are here for you and we will get through this together.
Share this information with others within your company or within your network. Be safe. We are here when you need us. Connect with your Area Business Manager at any time.