Missouri Enterprise seminars, workshops and training classes are designed to help companies and individuals upgrade their skills, learn new ones, increase productivity, reduce costs, conserve energy and resources, create new products and improve existing ones. If you would like to suggest a topic, please contact your Missouri Enterprise Area Business Manager.
Refund Policy for Promotions: Those who fail to use a specific promo code during registration will not be able to recover the discount later. All promo codes MUST be used at the time of registration.
Cancellation Policy: To receive a full refund (less credit card fees), registrants must contact us 10 or more business days prior to the event. Please include the reason for the cancellation. As a non-profit, we strive to do our best to deliver top-notch service to Missouri manufacturers. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to make working with Missouri Enterprise more successful for your company.
Breakfast Bite - Recruiting & Retaining Millennials, Part 1
With the great wave of baby boomers reaching retirement age, employers throughout the nation are struggling with ways to appeal to the new generation of workers. Millennials/Generation Y and iGen are very different. They want different things from their job – and in return, they offer a completely new set of skills to their employer. This workshop provides insight into the emerging worker persona to help manufacturers prepare for this new generation and be positioned to better attract and retain them as team members. The cost is $15 per person and a meal is included. *To attend both Part 1 & Part 2 sessions, you will need to register for each separately. Click on a 1 and Part 2 session that works for your schedule/location.
Part 1 – An Overview of Emerging Workers
Why is the makeup of your workforce becoming more important?
What are the groups that currently make up the USA workforce?
What defines a Millennial?
What drives Millennials?
- March 7, 7:30 – 8:30 a.m. – Kansas City (In partnership with Clay County EDC & Metropolitan Comm. College)
- March 21, 7:30 – 8:30 a.m. – St. Louis (In partnership with St. Louis Comm. College)
- March 28, noon – 1 p.m. – Columbia (In partnership with Columbia REDI)
- Sept. 10, noon - 1 p.m. - St. Joseph (In partnership with St. Joseph Chamber of Commerce)
Part 2 – How to Adapt and Attract
Review of Millennials wants and needs.
How to appeal to and hire Millennials.
Changes to your operation that would keep the Millennial workforce from leaving.
Millennial question and answer/preferences with area students.
- April 11, 7:30 – 8:30 a.m. – Kansas City (In partnership with Clay County EDC & Metropolitan Comm. College)
- April 18 7:30 – 8:30 a.m. – St. Louis St. Louis (In partnership with St. Louis Comm. College)
- April 25, noon – 1 p.m. – Columbia (In partnership with Columbia REDI)
- Oct. 9, noon - 1 p.m. - St. Joseph (In partnership with St. Joseph Chamber of Commerce)
|Event Date||03-07-2019 7:30 am|
|Event End Date||03-07-2019 8:30 am|
|Registration Start Date||02-05-2019 10:00 am|
|Cut off date||03-06-2019 5:00 pm|
|Individual Price||$15 p/person (includes breakfast)|
|Location||Metropolitan Community College (Kansas City)|