Missouri Enterprise seminars, workshops and training classes are designed to help companies and individuals upgrade their skills, learn new ones, increase productivity, reduce costs, conserve energy and resources, create new products and improve existing ones. If you would like to suggest a topic, please contact your Missouri Enterprise Area Business Manager.
Refund Policy for Promotions: Those who fail to use a specific promo code during registration will not be able to recover the discount later. All promo codes MUST be used at the time of registration.
Cancellation Policy: To receive a full refund (less credit card fees), registrants must contact us 10 or more business days prior to the event. Please include the reason for the cancellation. As a non-profit, we strive to do our best to deliver top-notch service to Missouri manufacturers. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to make working with Missouri Enterprise more successful for your company.
[WORKSHOP] FSMA Diagnostic Course
Keep your business and your customers safe.
Is your food manufacturing business in compliance with the Food Safety and Modernization Act (FSMA)? Does your business have to be FSMA compliant? If you are not required to be FSMA compliant, what can you do to better protect your business and your customers?
The Food Safety in the Heartland team can help. Consisting of Manufacturing Extension Partnership Centers from Nebraska, Missouri, and Kansas, the Food Safety in the Heartland team has developed an informative diagnostic workshop for food manufacturers.
This event will be a beneficial for any animal or human food manufacturer or produce grower. Compliance with food safety regulations can result in the avoidance of fines. Beyond the social responsibility aspect of increasing preventative safety measures, manufacturers will benefit by elevating the standard of their product and lowering a recall risk that can have negative implications for a manufacturer's business.
- This workshop starts with a class designed to highlight the minimal requirements for each FSMA rule, explaining the importance of its implementation on their facilities.
- Sharon Leister of the Kansas Department of Agriculture will talk about what to expect during an inspection.
- Kathy Hardee, food industry legal expert from Polsinelli, will discuss risk management for your business.
- Londa Nwadike, State Extension Consumer Food Safety Specialist for both Kansas and Missouri, will discuss produce safety.
In addition to that class, one-on-one assistance basis will be provided by bringing our FSMA expert(s) to your food facility, providing personalized advice on how to start your food safety plan or by analyzing your current food safety plan.
- Learn about the about the importance and requirements to comply under the FSMA rules.
- Receive a gap assessment on your facility focusing on Current Good Manufacturing Practices, determination of risk-based preventive controls, and implementation of preventive controls.
- Hear what the USFDA looks for during an audit
- Learn about risk management from a food industry attorney
On-site assessment: Date and time to be scheduled at the workshop on Jan. 28
|Event Date||01-28-2020 8:30 am|
|Event End Date||01-28-2020 11:30 am|
|Registration Start Date||12-12-2019 8:00 am|
|Cut off date||01-23-2020 12:00 pm|
|Individual Price||$99 p/person|
|Location||Adams Pointe Conference Center|